okay so I have bever really been the "healthy" type..I mean I love to exercise, but as far as eating...well I love to eat..yummy food... sugary foods...and I usually eat because the food it so good, not because I am hungry........ I have never bought organic anything....or low fat anything....in my life!
But now I am on this super strict diet..let me share with you things I can have....
fruits: only blueberries and pears...
vegis: most except tomatoes and onions
breads: white (homemade, no store bought)
dessert: frozen yogurt, white chocolate
meats: pork, fish, chicken, turkey.... with no marinades or seasonings might i add!!
Nuts: almonds, cashews
Dairy: milk, cottage cheese (yuck!!), american cheese (no other cheeses and I cant find shredded anywhere!)
Okay so thats what I can have... but here are the guidelines... no rubs, marinades or seasonings except salt, pepper and garlic, no preservatives ( example homemade bread, no store bought, but I had to go get flour without preservatives!), no artificial anything, no juice, no citrus (no lemon in my water), no sour cream, nothing canned (vegis, meats, sauces) no ice cream (what am I supposed to do with my 10 containers of Breyers??) no chocolate....NO CHOCOLATE..means no brownies... so sad.........
So if I think of all of my favorite foods, I cant really have them, because everything you buy has preservatives..
pizza: cant have tomatoes, or mozzarella, or pepperoni
salad: cant have tomatoes, avacados, onions...or dressing!! how would I even eat salad without dressing??
Pasta: I cant have tomatoes..so no tomato sauce... but I can have white sauce made from scratch
no mexican foods or chinese food, or pretty much any fast food....
So here I am on day 5. I have made several trips to Sprouts...and I think its now my favorite store..I made my own pizza tonight for dinner (had to cook some fresh chicken, use white sauce I made from scratch, spinach, mushrooms, American cheese and a little parmasean, oh and homemade dough for the crust)
Last night I had rice for dinner... cause I can have rice, but no seasonings..
I have a major sweet tooth, so today Hain and I made a snack out of white chocolate, almonds,cashews, and dried blueberries..Yummy...We melted the chocolate and put the other items in mini cupcake cups. Then scooped the white chocolate on top, so they are bite sized and full of things I can have!! yay!
Luckily I like fish, but it has been hard making things I can eat because it takes a lot more time to prepare when you use fresh items, it costs a lot more to buy organic too!
I have to say though I woke up today feeling great..for the first time in 2 months! wowzers.. I told Hain if we all ate like this we would be healthier... he wasnt buying it!! He had his cheeseburger for lunch!
4 comments:
Wow that has to be the strictest diet ever. Is it forever or just temporary?
So I'm curious, is the diet what your doc suggested...for your pain?
I have to be on it for 6 weeks... its for a possible culprit to the pain:) I have been feeling better so its working..I still have pain when I am active or work out.. but thats probably adhesions which can only be taken out surgically...
sorry:{ that sucks, I hope you feel better.
Post a Comment