Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday & Conference

Candy Corn.. YUMMY!!! I love fall because ...................candy corn!!!!

This kid is WILD!!!

A little reading with daddy.........




Kacie and Madi
hugs....

Even the dog gets some loves!! kiss kiss!

Coloring ties...

After conference we went to the park to enjoy the beautiful weather.. The kids have been sick so they have been cooped up inside for a few days! So glad they are better (except for a persistent cough)

This picture melts my heart!!!
I love this little man!!!and those eyes!! and the freckles...oh melt my heart away!!!

Kite flying.. or so we hoped!!

Yay!!! It flew for a few seconds!!

Well conference was so good. I love it when we can relax as a family and listen to words from awesome leaders of our church. It was uplifting and spiritual....
One of my favorite talks was from President Monson.. He talked about service and asked all of us..."What have I done for someone today"... He said find someone who is having a hard time, someone who is lonely, or sad, or just needs help and.. help them.

2 other talks stuck to my heart...
David Bednar's talk: 3 ways to become more diligent in the home..
1. Express love and show it frequently
2. Bear your testimony and live it and
3. Be consistent.
I loved how he explained his family scripture study.. of kids poking each other and complaining and arguing... It is true life! But being consistent your children Will remember your efforts and know it is important.

Russel T. Osguthope's talk about teachers.. He said teachers can help save a life.. They are messengers of God. They inspire... I loved this talk so much! I think a lot of times teachers do not know the effect they have on people... school teachers, church teachers all teachers..... I am sure all of us can remember a favorite teacher in school... why? because they affected us!

And lastly I will add a quote from Pres. Uchdorf
He talked about Love... he said "love should be the center of the home, your calling and all you do"
Also
"What we think and do determines what we are"
Such a strong quote for the youth and all of us!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Those were some of my favorites too! Elder Holland's yesterday afternoon was so powerful and moving (about the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon); I do love conference time. The kids working in their packets and I was busy making scrapbook pages. Oh, and junk food! Love it!