- is 4 weeks away
- is bringing on a few worries
- is going to be a huge burden to my family, but hopefully fix me up
- will be a burden on my preschool kids' families as well
- has a 4 week or more recovery rate
- has a 2/3 chance of complications
- is making me a little nervous now that I have to actually think about it!
- is right before Halloween
- will have me in the hospital for 3 days... I will return home on Halloween
- will allow me to see my grandma since she is coming to help.. I just wish I wouldnt be in so much pain when she comes I love to visit and enjoy her company!
- will keep me from exercise and any physical activities (even vacuuming ... how on earth am I not gonna do that?) for 6 weeks
sounds fun right? People get this done every day and I will be fine! I think the hardest thing will be recovery .. taking the time to heal and not do too much.. thats hard to do for a mom!!! especially with 4 kids and the holidays right around the corner!!!
My poor preschoolers.... I feel like a terrible teacher! hey I am taking a month off and will hopefully be able to teach you after that! I love Christmas and really want to be able to do preschool in December.. I hope I am able.. I should be maybe with some help :) Whoever chose me for their preschool teacher... I am so sorry! I feel horrible!!! and LAME!
all will be well and I have awesome friends who understand!!! I just know its gonna be hard so I am trying to prepare myself for it! I am not super stressed, but I am sure I will be as it gets closer!! Now its time to get everything situated.. who's gonna watch the kids? how long can Hain get off? where are the kids gonna be when I am at the hospital? holidays? thinking I may get my Christmas shopping done before I go in for the surgery!!! So thats what I am doing... getting everything situated and as organized as possible before I go in!
5 comments:
FAITH and the relief society - that's how you will get through. I'll totally come vacuum (seriously I love to vacuum - it's a sickness). I'd love to help in any way, please let me know what you need (even if it's just a Dairy Queen fix) :)
Seriously, it's just like another c-section...'cept you don't get a bouncing bundle of joy when you're done. :( We'll help however we can. Don't fret too much! Get a priesthood blessing from Hain and put it in the Lord's hands. *hugs*
kind of amie except they have to separate my uterus and bladder and get rid of scar tissue, which causes more risk of infection... I wish it were as easy as a c section.. and hey I'll take a baby too!!!! that would be more fun!
I had to have my bladder separated from my uterus after Natalie was born. They had to put something in there to keep them apart. You're going to be fine. You are surrounded by "sisters" that can help with everything. Just call and we'll be there.
So I can't relate to your exact surgery, but you will do great, life will still go on and you will be GREAT! You're in our prayers and if you need to talk, I'm all ears. I've known quite a few that have had this done. You're great, you'll be great, no worries. And at least its planned!! It's not like some guy hit you and then you're laid up for 2-3 months missing half the time that went by ;) Let me know what you need - I am now released to vacuum and some light-lifting =)
Post a Comment