
I thought it was safe.......never thought this would happen... so here it goes I am posting it so all you moms like me will see that anything can be a threat no matter the age of your children...
About a week ago my 5 year old came into my room at about 10:30 pm..
I said "what are you doing?"
He told me he was getting a drink...
I said "okay but hurry then get back in bed"
He went into my bathroom and came out with a mouthful and puffed cheeks.
I said "drink that water what are you doing?"...
He just stared at me...
I said: Carter are you going to drink it?
He just shook his head no so I told him to go spit it out...
Next thing I knew he was gagging in the bathroom so I ran in and noticed the lid off of my nail polish remover...
Yep he had walked into my bathroom in his half awake state, grabbed the nail polish remover, probably assuming it was water (even though it was purple??), took the lid off and took a drink....
So I called 911 and spoke to a few different people.. I had to keep him awake for 2 hours to make sure he was okay.. I had to give him water and we also brushed his teeth a few times to try to get the flavor out of his mouth..
It was scary.. he gagged for about an hour before he could sit and watch a movie since he had to stay awake..
I immediately went in and cleaned my bathroom counter... I just didnt think about it before because all of my stuff was high enough that Madi cant reach, it is my bathroom so they arent in it often, and the boys know better to touch it right?? well maybe not when they are half awake! I couldnt believe he just opened it and took a drink... I had mouthwash on the counter and hand sanitizer as well......
Although it was up high and closed....
gotta be careful!!
1 comment:
That's scary! They need to put childproof caps on that stuff! I am glad he is ok!
Post a Comment