Thursday, June 18, 2009

have boys???????.... Must do!!!!!!!!

it was free, fun, educational, and exciting! what more for a summer activity!


Yay here we go!!!

Carter

Craig...what? no seats????

wow look mom!!!

Craig said we should get this car and put it in the back yard so they could play in it....
hmmm I dont think dad would go for that!!!

boys!

They thought these were so cool that they could just sit in!!! and pretend to drive!

muscle man!

oh ya he's cool!!
shoes untied and all!!! this was cool it was all burned out!!

Look at his face!! OH the joy!!! he kept yelling "wow look what I found mom!!" it was just bolts and nuts that were in the dirt!!! I told you... exciting stuff!!

Landon wanted to take this home... mom said NO!

The body shop!!

a bike from the 60's.. it was so cute!!

I dont know what this was, but they had fun climbing on it!!! solid metal!!!

it got really hot!! Hain says the pic looks like they should be down south... he's weird!!
I love my boys and had a great day with them! The excitement on their faces was so rewarding!!!

we went to the wrecking yard today.... Let me just say it was too fun!!! okay so my husband made fun of.. taking the kids to see...junk.... but they loved it!!
The first place we went, the owner let us in for free (it is usually a dollar to get in) the boys wandered and explored everything!! They each found a few small pieces of car parts that I told them I would buy as a reminder of our trip there.
So before we left we showed the owner what we found and he told us what they went to..
Then we said okay can we buy these now?
and he said NO... but you can certainly have them.
What a nice guy!!
Then we drove about half a block down to a body shop. It was filled with old cars. The guy there gave us a tour. We saw plenty of old cars, He showed us a few they were restoring. It was way cool!!!!! The oldest car they had was a 1927 ......
SO if you have boys you must take them sometime in their lives!! My kids were in heaven!!!
Notes: you have to call ahead and make sure they allow children.... It was a little hot so bring drinks and hats or go in the winter! They will get dirty so be aware!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Hmm, I never even considered this before...interesting!