well I am feeling a little better after a steriod shot and an antibiotic shot.. rest and more pills. Here is a little about my day yesterday.. I woke up at 4 am super sick and called my hubby... he was stuck at a home invasion and couldnt come to my rescue so I had to take Madi and Carter to the urgent care with me. They were actually pretty good ... I think... I was pretty much out of it. Madi sat in the stroller so she was at least contained. Well the doc came in and said I was going to get a few shots. Carters eyes widened!!
Carter: mom you have to get shots?
Me: yep
Carter: oh man thats not good
Me: hoefully they will help
The doc comes in and gave me a shot I looked over at my two little ones and felt overwhelmed that they needed me to take care of them and I was so sick, couldnt take care of myself, no hubby, I was so sick.. I started to cry uncontrollably....
Carter: mom I know your sad because you had to get a shot
Me: yes can you get me another tissue?
Carter: mom, when I was your age.. and I had to get shots.. I had to get 5 shots, I was sad too.
At that point I started laughing!! um Carter you have never been my age!! it was really cute!!
This morning I was laying on the couch as I slept there so I wouldnt get Hain sick since he stayed home from work... anyway the kids were getting ready for school and Landon was putting the dishes away.. apparently he had a knife
Craig: Landon your going to hurt yourself.. stupid! dont play with knives
Landon: MOM!! Craig called me stupid!!
Craig: well dont be stupid!
Please tell me your kids act like this?? its not only mine?? I really do have good kids!! of course I try to make them say nice words!!
SO I received a blesisng last night. I know the priesthood is real, and its power is amazing. But I had never had this experience before... Anyone who has had strep throat knows how bad it feels!! sore throat, swollen throat, closing in on you, oh the pain! cant swallow, hard to breathe its bad.. anyway I had gotten a few shots to help, but when I returned home I was still really sick.
A friend came over and he and Hain gave me a blessing.... When they finished my throat was fine. really? I am so serious! It felt like I hadnt even had strep throat! I ate pancakes for dinner even!
I truly do feel blessed to have a priesthood holder in our home and to have friends who offer to help. My throat is fine now.. It was a little dry from sleeping overnight, but its is so much better! I have a sinus infection and am revovering I am exhausted and achy so I am resting a few more days as much as possible so I can be back to my normal self :) I just wanted to share that with whoever reads my blog, My throat was instantly healed by the power of the priesthood. MY testimony is strengthened, and although I had heard stories of that happening, it took me experiencing it to believe it. lame I know, but I am thankful for the experience and for the priesthood.
3 comments:
oh my gosh girl!!! I can't believe you didnt call someone to watch your kids. I would have totally done it in a second. I can't believe you had people over for fhe even when you probably wanted to die. you are amazing. I hope you feel better. Please let me know if you need anything!!!!
glad you're feeling better!
Why didn't you tell me you were sick!? I could tell you weren't top of your game, I thought it had just been a long day :( I will watch your kids ANYTIME. Even at 4:00 am ya weirdo! :) I hope your doing better!
Post a Comment