so I'm doing my online traffic class. super fun and super expensive!! anyway I read this and laughed outloud:
Drivers who focus only on the bumper in front of them join the "Stupid Club." The Stupid Club gathers members who do dumb things and have crashes. Watching the pretty girl or handsome guy is another quick way to join the Stupid Club.
so dont be stupid :) have a good day!!!
Buckle your seat belt.. WHY????
Any of these six reasons entitles a person to a lifetime membership in what we call "The Stupid Club":
1. "I'm a good driver, and I'm careful."
Yep, that and fifty cents will get you a cup of coffee. It is amazing how many drivers justify breaking the law by speeding, driving recklessly, or other dangerous acts, simply on the grounds that they are skilled drivers. So what? It is the unskilled driver who will kill you.
2 "I'm a strong dude. I can brace myself."
Dream on.
3. "Seat belts wrinkle my clothes."
Oh please. We are talking about saving a life, and these people are talking about wrinkling their clothes. Ask your dry cleaner how hard it is to get wrinkles out. Now, ask him how hard it is to get blood out - lots of blood. Buckle up!
4. "If there is a fire, I don't want to be trapped."
If people really want to get out quickly, have them leave their seat belt off. In an impact, they will have a good chance of being ejected from the vehicle. That will get them out quickly.
5. "What if the car goes into the water?"
Give me a break.
6. "I do buckle up � most of the time."
Then your survival potential is better � most of the time. So, is there any special reason you do not want your survival potential to be better � all of the time? Have you ever heard of a S.W.A.T. officer wearing his bulletproof vest � most of the time? He wears it all of the time. It takes only one bullet to kill you, and it takes only one vehicle crash to kill you.
7. I'm only going to the store."
Over one-third of all traffic fatalities occur within a 25-mile radius of a driver's home.
No comments:
Post a Comment