Today was.....emotional....
Its definitely somewhat therapy to blog or journal about this whole experience...and it updates our family all over the country :)
Anyway, today we got up and we were tired...lets back up a little... Last night at 2 am...his blood sugar was checked and it was too high, so we had to completely wake up, and do the insulin shot...Then he had a few other symptoms we had to address as well... So when we got up at 7 we were tired..besides the fact that I have slept on a hospital bed for 4 nights....up several times each night..
He got up this morning and we did our normal routine...but then we realized he produced a rash at all of his injection sites....It totally freaked me out because the nurses were like "oh...I havent seen that before"
Like we havent had enough change, shock, and surprise in the past few days... it threw me over the edge... As soon as Craig left the room to go play video games I completely broke down..All I could think about was why does he have this rash? I dont want him to have to deal with this and endure this.. (when his blood sugar is good he gets excited..then it will get high, or he will have a symptom and he will get a little bummed and say "aw, I feel like its getting worse" when he saw the rash he said :what if its another disease") As soon as he was out of that room,, the tears flowed...And I couldnt stop them..My aunt called and I cried to her..She probably couldnt even understand me :) I have been keeping it together and just being there for Craig, that I just needed to get all of that emotion out....It was relieving ...except the fact that my eyes were super puffy afterward!! ha..then I heard the doctor coming..so I get off the phone and try to get it together...she walks in with Craig.....
It was the endocrinologist..She checked him out and had to change his ratios...She said his rash could be from the alcohol wipes drying out his skin and they should hopefully go away..I dont know about that, but we will see..Its spreading so thats stressing me out a bit..
we sat around for a few hours...
Me: how are you feeling emotionally?
Craig: Im ready
Me: what does that mean?
Craig: you know, Im ready for this!
When she left, she said he was good to go home..
We were so excited!! I cleaned the room up and then found out we still had to be seen by 2 more people... 1 passes by...2 passes by...then 3pm passes by...oh my goodness that day seemed to go so slow!!
Well we finally were discharged and headed home..Once we got home, everyone was glad to see us..The kids hugged Craig..A few of his friends came over for like 20 minutes to say hi and see how he was doing..oh, he has some good friends:)
Then a few friends came over and brought us dinner..I was so thankful, especially because we had just got home..
Well we were all hungry and all the kids were ready to eat..but this is the first time we have had a meal and were not given the carb count!! Obviously we knew that was coming..SO I called the restaurant where our food was from and they told me they did not have any, only allergy info..great! SO the little ones are loud and waiting at the table while we are trying to get Craigs portions and carb count by looking online and in his book...then calculate and give his insulin....IT WAS CHAOS!
SO we said a prayer and the other kids started eating while we helped Craig...
That did not work well.. it was chaotic, upset Craig and didnt flow well.. We had a FHE after dinner and told the kids about what Craig had and what it meant..we also decided that we would try to have his portions figured out before we are all ready to eat..1 parent will help him with his calculations adn shot while the other will sit at the table with the rest of the family...Tomorrow we will see if that helps...Im sure with time this will all be easier and go more smoothly..but today was crazy....
Its so good to be home..I was happy, but also nervous..There is so much to remember and do, and watch for..I dont want to do anything wrong...we had great nurses..and a lot of great education..
Im so thankful for everyone who has called or visited..It has made it much easier for our whole family!
No comments:
Post a Comment