I had this planned months ago when I found out my grandma was chosen as the featured quilter for the year in her town.. I thought it was so cool, and that I needed to be there to support her and celebrate with her.. SO after getting everything ready so I could go ( I didnt take any kids with me) I was on a plane and off!!!
It was so nice getting off the plane to cooler weather, cloudy skys and fun family!!!
My grandma did not have any idea I was coming.. We really surprised her! She cried..twice! here are a few of her quilts..
She is so cute!!
Here are a few (I say a few because we added up a lot of her quilts she has given away and its 100's!!! Me and the kids have at least 18!!) of her displayed quilts....
and heres the one she sent home with me.. I love it so much!!!
I am so thankful for her talent and that she has shared it with me:) I love her so much..
My cousin does bmx racing and I took a few pictures for him too....
Other than that, we had a wonderful day of shopping (loved it!! no kids..just me adn my aunt..it was so fun to shop at the mall and do it relaxingly!!) , lots of good food, relaxing, sleeping in, a bit of sewing and just some good old family time...
Here is 1 of the quilts I made..I sent the quilt top to my grandmas friend for her to quilt on her longarm machine:)
Heres the other one..I love the vintage squares in the corners.. My grandma had given me a few of these hand stitched octagon things.. Very old... that she had found at a garage sale I believe... I incorporated them in this quilt...
My aunt Kandi, me and my grandma...
I got home to a super busy week..I had to can these pears I had delivered right before I left for the weekend.... So I did that today..we went on a family hike, to the skate park and I had to go to the doctor to get some lab work done...all today!!! Nothing like a busy life with a family and kids!!!! I wouldnt have it any other way...
After my fun trip my super amazing sister drove me to the airport..Love ya Tara!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment