Tuesday, August 23, 2011

lots of changes......

Wow..I havent really blogged in so long.. We had a super busy summer..then came home and so much has been happening that I havent had time....

So lets see....first change is that hain went to day shift.. He has worked nights for SO long..I have to say it has been....nice.. Well I have enjoyed it:) Its so nice for him to be home at night..

But with that change came so many others...
First off the shift change forced a pay cut..because of court time and stuff..so we had to cut our budget over $1000 a month.. Now that was a huge change! Yes I was glad he had a job still..but I was super stressed because I do our bidget and didnt know how we could possible cut our bidget that much with o notice..as well as he lost his carpool partner so that added at least $150 more in gas a month..UGH..can you say "stress"??

SO.. a little back story..with our tax return we paid $7000 off in credit card debt..wow.. we could have went to Hawaii...but apparently we didnt learn from that because we have it all racked up again.. We were in this vicious cycle of just wanted to get rid of the credit cards so we would pay as much as possible off every month..but then we couldnt afford groceries.. so stupid.. and annoying.. ANyway back to the "now" story..

SO Hain decided to sell his truck..which offered enough money to pay off the truck..and every penny of credit card debt.. can you say 100% credit card debt free?? Can I even tell you how amazing that is?? I dont even have a credit card now! And such a burden has been lifted..No more credit cards.. I mean seriously?? we didnt even know what exactly we bought with that much money!!

Anyway..so he sold his truck..which means we have 1 car... So I have gotten the 2 boys a ride to school for this week (we will get a small super good gas milage car soon) after I drop them off I get home..Craig, Madi and I get our bikes and ride him to school... SO I ride him to school, drop him of and ride home (thats 4 miles) then at almost 4pm he gets out..so I get back on the bike at 114 degrees (SO STUPID!! arizona I hate you!) and ride to pick him up, then ride home (thats 4 more miles)... Lets just say its very hard!! and pretty brutal in the afternoon..

SO anyway... changes..changes....

Lets see..new schedule change, 1 less car, no credit card debt (seriously YAY!), more excersize....


Also we just celebrated out 12th anniversary.. how did we celebrate?? Well to start the day off we got up at 5 am.. got ready and went to a 10 hour fishing trip (drive inlcuded) with Craigs scouts.. got home sun burned and tired (it really was fun though..I loved it!), we had left overs for dinner (super romantic), put kids to bed..and Craig babysat and Hain and I went to a movie....after 12 years.. this year we just didnt have time to do something romantic or whatever.. well we could have not went with Craig to his scout trip, but Hain is the assistant leader..and I really wanted to go and take pictures.. you know no one takes pictures of these boys at all the fun scout things they do..I wanted to document it for the boys and especially for Craig..I have pictures I did from a hike., canoeing trip and now this, so Im gonna make a shutterfly book for him documenting his 11 year old scouts! Im excited about that:)

Kids are back to school..so we are trying to keep up with all of that, homework and projects are underway!..Keeping up with the demands of callings, and family, and work.. wow..I think someday we will look back and say "how on earth did we do it?"

Because we have help! I dont know how our budget has worked out, but it just has.. the numbers literally dont add up.. I know if you live faithfully and work hard, blessings come..

Hain is up for another schedule change soon..within a few weeks..The city is doing another re-bid for positions..So I dont know whats to come, but I know things will work out...

4 comments:

Courtney said...

Teri just remember a little sacrifice is worth the end result of being debt free!! Keep up the good work!

Alicia said...

I LOVE reading all you write! You are so good about updating! I admire you for bike riding all those miles every single day.. wow.. you are a trooper! You are a wonderful wife and mom- look at all you do!! Way to go!

heather said...

great update. happy anniversary.

Amie said...

Wow Teri, that's amazing! Just the biking part of the story...yikes. I'd offer to help but I'm in school most days myself. If he ever needs a ride home from school Mon/Tues, or Fri, let me know! What are you hoping for with Hain's possible new shift change coming up...nights again?