Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 5

Well I hadnt planned on doing a challenge today.. but I felt like i needed to post about something and it kind of goes along with this day challenge.. Write a thank you note to someone who has changed your life...so maybe I am cheating?? oh well.. here goes:

Today was testimony meeting at church.. This is once a month meeting where members get to go in front of the crowd of people... make that long walk and say something meaningful to them, something the spirit has whispered to them, something that has blessed or changed their life, or a trial they have endured.... You go up there and speak from your heart what you feel you need to say.....

Its pretty nerve racking going up there for me.... I am not a public speaker.. In high school my face would always turn red when I had to get in front of people... it probably still does when I get nervous or feel like im on the spot... Its annoying... Anyway when I go up to bear my testimony I get shaky and nervous and all that... but its an amazing feeling to speak what you know is true and to share it with others...

Today I didnt go up...I sat there and listened to the many testimonies of the members of in our ward.....

My little Carter was one of those brave ones... He looked at me and said "Well...I'm going up!"...Okay I thought... Well he went up there and said 3 sentences...I know my family loves me..I know Jesus is real and I know this church is true...

How simple that was... Short and sweet.... Thank you Carter for being brave.. and for feeling the spirit so strongly and for knowing that Jesus is real.... It makes my heart so happy to hear your wonderful testimony...

Many other people went up today..and the whole time all I thought about was how amazing and inspiring these people are....

People who have recently lost a baby....who have the strength and testimony to get through this very difficult trial.. What an inspiration to me... You are amazing and thank you for being an example to me... She has a great family.. An amazing daughter I was able to teach in Primary and who is now in YW... And exceptional sons who pass the sacrament each week.. and who will be awesome missionaries... SO thank you Cheri for being such an amazing mom... Your family is inspiring..and so are you!

People who are just full of thanksgiving.... who have endured trials and loss... Who struggle to get through days..and yet came to church..looking beautiful and walked that long walk to share with us her amazing strength.. Her gratitude of Relief Society and of those around her.. Does she even know that SHE inspires so many??? Does she know that she is an amazing woman... with a great sense of humor who always looks amazing, who is a great mom, and who is a great Visiting teaching partner who never fails to bring a handout and treat.....Does she know she is an inspiration to so many women around her.... And Im sure she knows this but I'll add it anyway..Does she know my Miss Madi loves her to death!! And asked about her "hinkiker" today??? So thank you Christy for your example to me.. You have a strong spirit and such a great personality!!!


People who have a testimony of Missionary work... Who truly love and care for those around them and want to share what they know with those searching for the truth... When I found out about the gospel it was exactly what I was looking for... but I didnt even know I was looking for it... SO many people are in that situation..and will be eternally blessed when we share what we know to be true..Who had trials and rough times but today thanked those who never gave up on him....I felt that way when I received the gospel..I felt so blessed that through my life Heavenly Father never gave up on me... SO thank you Bro. Haught for your testimony as well...

Also Sue..thank you for sharing your testimony of gratitude for your friends... I love hearing your testimonies..They are so sweet and I can always feel the gratitude in your heart when you share your testimony.... You are such a great woman and I am so glad to know you....

Emma & Blake & Aleric, thank you for being such brave spirits..At so young..you touch many peoples lives with your testimonies... Truly!!! You are missionaries now! Thank you so much for your strength, testimony and faith....

My mind is at a blank... but I feel so blessed to have heard all of the testimonies today....

I am am surrounded by such strength.....I felt like i needed this today.... I am thankful for the gospel in my life..It helps me through so much..It has blessed my life more that I can even express...... I know it is true...I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and restored the gospel..I have a testimony of Relief Society, Priesthood, and Primary.... All of the organizations of the church are amazing and strengthen so many people...


I feel so thankful to be a mom and to have this great "village" to help me, inspire me and strengthen me and my family....It truly does take a village to raise a child..I am thankful for my calling that allows me the opportunity to be part of that "village".... I see these great kids every week... they are amazing..to hear their testimonies... It makes my heart so happy to know that at so young these kids know and love the savior....

SO any of you who read this..thank you for your example to me..I feel truly blessed in my life and although my heart has been so heavy lately..... today my heart is full..thank you!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

What a great post Teri!! By the way you are the inspiring one. You are truly amazing in all you do:)

Amie said...

What a sweet thank you letter. :) It was a good testimony meeting for sure.