Monday, September 6, 2010

Riding along

Last night I went on a ride along with the hubby.... I have been on a few so I know the gist of it, but its always nice to be reminded of what my husband does all week, and to meet his new squad and see who he spends most of his time with.



His boss seemed nice.. He was a bit goofy..for instance he was talking about his computer and saying how he isnt too computer savy..He said " it had gigamytes..or whats it called??" and we all looked at him and started laughing... Another squad member said "you mean gigabytes?"


Then he asked Hain to introduce me and Hain said "This is my wife" and his boss said "so are you guys married? have any kids?" Again we all laughed and Hain gave him a hard time "I said MY WIFE! so ya we're married!! and yes we have 4 kids!"

Maybe you had to be there, it was quite funny! One thing about officers is that they always pick on each other and give each other a hard time.. but they always look after each other...

SO after briefing (meeting as a squad and talking about whats ahead for the night, what has happened previously in the week ect) we headed out....


I checked many cars plates ( put them in the car computer, it runs the history of the vehicle and checks registration)...
The whole night this is what we had:
  • 1 car we ran came back expired so we pulled them over... ended up the owner of the car was in the car with a suspended liscense, he was also drunk..so his girl friend was driving.... who was under age and only had a permit... so they got a few tickets..I think tickets are lame cause its such a pain to pay a ticket!! hahah Hain doesnt agree... is you're breaking the law you get a ticket..so...they did..3 of them...ouch!!
  • We went to a suicide attempt..The mom called saying her son was trying and threatening to kill himself..So we went to check it out..talk to the kid (21 yrs old) ...he was on meds and drunk..not good, but we ended up leaving him to go to sleep and chill out since he wanted no help and the mom didnt want him put in the hospital so there was nothing more the police could do...So we were there and this kids looks at me... and says "were you at that party..at 99th and whatever street??" I was like..ummm no... Then he says "no you know on 99th?"..me: uuhh no..The rest of the officers in the room looked at me and we all kinda laughed... So we leave and one of the officers says Hain I thought you said this was your wife, not a party girl! oh geez....
  • We drove around looking for drunks but didnt find any
  • Another officer found one so Hain and I went to the station so he could draw his blood ( he is certified so if someone arrests for dui Hain does the blood draws for the squad)
  • We gave a few parking tickets (again..lame!)
  • We watched a few stop signs looking for runners.. like anyone is driving around in the middle of the night right?? you'd be surprised!!! but no one ran them:)
  • We had in and out for dinner at midnight...

And thats about it:) I was super tired..... it was fun....but I was so ready for my pillow at 7 am!!! I slept till noon then my sister had to go, so I ha to get up..I hung out with the kids for 20 minutes then took a nap with Madi.... Seriously tired!! I felt like I could sleep all day!

SO many times I think he totally needs a day in my shoes.. but its good to see his reality at work... I dont know how he does it.. seriously!! I am so glad he has a partner he rides with... That is a blessing!! They can keep each other awake!! and its just comforting to know he never has to wait for back up.. he always has it.

So many people say "dont you worry about him??" Well to tell the truth most of the time I dont..I have faith that he will be safe.. And when he leaves he always says "see you tomorrow" Its a small and simple phrase that gives me comfort..... Now I would be lying if I said I never worry... because sometimes I do, but thats usually if something happens in the news..or something like that.... This is our life..so if I worried ever single day I would go insane..Its just his job and will be home when his shift is done:) I am very thankful for him... and blessed to have him..

It was good to spend the night with my husband...hahaha well that sounds weird.. but you know what I mean... now I am off to spend some time with my pillow... catch up on some sleep:)

2 comments:

Amie said...

Cool night! Great experience for the two of you to share. :)

Kami said...

I somehow missed this post. That must have been interesting to do a ride along with him. Kade told me he wants to be a police officer when he grows up.

Glad you had a good time with your hubby and I am glad you got some sleep. It takes a few days to catch up after an all nighter!