I dont really have an official post title..this will be all jumbled up..... here we go!!
Well today was testimony meeting at church..These are my most favorite meetings...The spirit is so strong..people tell what they believe, what they feel, experiences they have endured or enjoyed, and I love hearing it! It always teaches me so much..Everyone goes through different trials, and has different paths they walk...all of us trying to reach the same goal..To return with our Heavenly Father.
When you look around at church you may think about all of the differences in people..but I see the ways we are alike when I hear the testimonies.....I love that I can relate to each testimony I heard today.....
I love how my children are strengthened by other peoples testimonies as well....People they will be growing up with, people they look up to, their primary teachers, scout leaders, their friends parents......It awesome! I am so thankful for testimony meeting!! It strengthens me so much!!!
Tonight I decided after a stressful day (of kids arguing over attention, picking on their little brother, it picking at eachother and bickering)I decided to take 20 minutes with each kid..They all went to their rooms and I went to meet them for 20 minutes..I played a game with Landon that he made up, then we played Blockus....Then I went to Carters room and we played Guess Who? and read a story, Then over to Craigs room we played Scrabble Slam and Blockus, Then Miss Madi and I played Princess Memory.....
I loved to spend 1 on 1 time with them and I could tell by their expressions that they enjoyed it too...We will definitely have to do that more often..There was no arguing, just wait your turn and dont interrupt when its not your turn..... Definitely quality time!!! I love my kids so much and in a life where so much is to be done they end up on the back burner a few times..while I am cleaning, coking, cleaning, organizing, errands, callings ect..... Although they need to be up front more often and that is something I am working on....
STOP!!!
and take the time with them......I cant even write in words how I feel for them..I want the best for them I want them to grow up and have positive memories of their childhood...And although they have small chores I want them to just be kids as long as possible.....
I want them to have a love for the gospel..and to notice my love for it...I want them to love the scriptures..and since I hate reading period..thats a hard one for us..I try to have scheduled reading of the scriptures as a family but I am lacking on consistency!!!! We all have things to work on I know:)
I am taking a much needed trip...alone..which is super weird for me...mostly because I cant even go to the bathroom with out interruption let alone fly a plane alone!!HA! I will miss the kids and Hain a lot! but I am super excited to veg out, have amazing company and enjoy my favorite state!!! where I will live someday!!! My heart aches to live there, so a visit will help!! Not just the scenery and teh peacefulness of the country, but the family, long conversations and laughs to be had..I cant wait:) I am so so so thankful for a husband who doesnt mind me leaving ..alone..... Although I took care of sitters and such.....he is awesome!!! And when I said I needed to go he said..OK......For that I am so thankful!! I love my family!!
1 comment:
Testimony Meeting is my favorite too. I feel like I get so much more out of hearing other's testimonies.
Also I love your idea of spending 20 minutes of alone time with each kid. Such a great idea.
ENJOY your vacation and relax. You deserve it!
Post a Comment