Everything that could go wrong...has...Hain has been stuck in court everyday...so single mom week here we are ....and I am at my complete wits end!!! Seriously!!
Sometimes I dont think people get it..
- Keeping up on homework (grades, tests, homework, projects...ect!),
- scouts (attending meetings, fundraisers, passing off stuff),
- potty training (today was awesome in the am till about 3..then is was a failure!) ,
- meals (breakfast before school, lunches, making sure dinner is planned and made...oh and clean up for all meals!),
- preschool (activities, clean up, meals for that, clean up again, Madi begging for attention),
- Errands (bill paying, making dentists appts for everyone in the family this week, doc appts for kids in scouts for scout camp physicals, trips to walmart, grocery, schools, ect
- callings (.......constant keeping up on stuff, getting donations for troops, working on activity stuff, doing and planning baptism programs, making phone calls ect....)
- kids (fighting, yelling, making sure we do scripture study, accidents, chores, pets ect!!)
Sometimes I feel "needed" and not really "wanted"......you know??? ya I'm obviously a little down!!
And in doing all of these things and more I have no time to chill out, relax, get out or anything..it is constant stress..then I become a super bad mom, and on top of all of it I have been under the weather all week with a sore throat and sniffles.....
I cant even remember the last time I have been to the temple...... or kept up on scripture study daily for more than a week...........
It never ends...... I am not superwoman but I feel like I am expected to be! okay I do have a lot of responsibilities and I love my family ect ect! but this is getting CRAZY! my rant is over...really I promise! I know many other moms who do it every week too!!!
4 comments:
Make sure you take time for yourself too (it's a must, no matter if you have to ignore the kids for an hour to do it!) or you'll snap! Dan and I are going to the temple to do baptisms tmrw during the day, wanna come?
Oh Teri. I so know how you feel. I'm pretty sure that we didn't sign up to be single parents but man it sure feels like it. I wonder what it would be like if our husbands had a "normal" job and could come home and have weekends off and just be around. I feel your pain and I know how difficult and lonely it can get. Just know that you are not alone. You have four amazing kiddos who love you and would not survive without you. You are such a great friend to so many and we all are truly blessed to have you in our lives. I think we just need some volleyball to start up as that is a constructive way to get out some stress! Try to have a good day today and please call if you need anything! Love ya Teri!
Ok I had to tell Tyler to buck up!! Teri I'm sorry your life is no different than anyone else's....Welcome to Motherhood!! If it's get's to be too much, just say ok today we are doing nothing, there isn't any that can't wait. So what if you miss a meeting or an appointment or even a meal. Just lighten your load. So Teri...buck up!!
More motherly advise from me because I love you!! :)
I need to clarify, your life is no different than any mom or wife who cares about her family and does a good job!!
Post a Comment