no I'm not talking about the rain or clouds.... a different storm! a storm on the home front...
A difficult one at that. I was at my wits end, emotionally and physically drained. I gathered the kids and took them to my sisters house and drove around the corner and cried... and cried and wept and sobbed in my emotional ditch.... I was feeling sad, unsupported, unloved and lonely... I looked over, grabbed my scriptures and opened them.. As I had tears streaming down my face I read this:
"verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted: yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks;
waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have entered into the ears of the Lord, and are recorded with this seal and testament-the Lord hath sworn and decreed that they shall be granted.
Therefore he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fullfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my names glory, saith the Lord." D&C 98:1-3
Could I have read a more profound and touching scripture at that time? was it even high lighted in my scriptures? no, and no........ The Lord saw my weakness and at that moment He strengthened me by way of the spirit and the scriptures. I re-read this scripture over and over again and prayed in my car... in my weakness, in the middle of my complete emotional breakdown He gave me strength and what I really needed, which was comfort..
For this I am so greatful..... I understand we all have trials and we face them at different times, but its just that... we ALL have them and its how we get through, and remembering that it will be for our good and that the Lord does not forget us in our weaknesses.. He is there to comfort and strengthen. I feel so blessed and thankful for the scriptures and my Heavenly Father for giving me just what I needed to get through........
After my cry fest I went to Starbucks... sugar helps things feel better too!!!
3 comments:
i've been there many times myself my friend. Good thing Heavenly Father is always there too! You are a great mom! Keep up the great work! and it is work!
Aww, Teri! I'm so glad you were prompted to read your scriptures instead of do something destructive mentally/physically/spiritually! And we've all been there, so don't feel alone ok?!
Oh Teri, I'm so sorry! Thank you for sharing your sweet testimony and you're right, everybody deals with trials, but it never means we're along. You're right, the Lord does help us and I have found time and time again that he blesses us through our friends and family. Please know that I will help in any way I can, you've been such a great friend and help in more ways than you will ever know. I appreciate all you do and I'm sorry I haven't told you that before! I hope things are looking up, and if you ever need a friend to get a slurpee (that's what my dad and I used to do) I'm here!
Post a Comment