Saturday, April 25, 2009

family canning....

Well today I made jam.... It was the first time I have made it and I followed the directions...
and called my grandma a few times!!!

We made 7 batches of it!! 5 strawberry and 2 blackberry........ It was fun actually!!

Well first I started all of the work, cutting berries, smashing them, cooking ect....
Then Carter and the boys wanted to smash, then Hain decided to help too, so we were family canning and our kitchen was like a bee hive... busy workers!!!
We got it all done and cleaned up then went to the park!!





YUMM!!!
umm.. is it supposed to look seperated like that????
it tasted good and my house smells absolutely delicious!!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

it's been years since I've canned so I can't answer your 'separation' question, but they look yummy and I bet they taste and smell great! great job!