yes Madi is "healthy", or you could say fat, chubby, squishy, or roly poly!
So our new dilemma... her chubby leg keeps getting stuck in her crib.
I usually just put her to bed and theres no crying, maybe a little talking to herself or oohhh ing, but not crying. Well the past 2 days after I put her to bed I notice she has been crying... and for more than 5 minutes. Since its not normal, and I think most moms can tell the difference from "I am mad cry" compared to "somethings wrong cry"
So I go check up on her and she is crying in pain. Her chubby leg is stuck between the rails of the crib.
Its a newer crib, all up to standards on bar length and such, but that chubby thigh gets stuck.
Why on earth does she keep sticking her leg in the bar I will never know, but I have to literally pry her leg out. Toinight the same thing happened and I actually needed Hain's help, I could not get her knee through the bars....
so what do we do? I thought of putting abumper in but she is over a year old and she would more than likely just pull it out or rip it.
She is way too small for a real bed.... I dont know what to do... any suggestions??
7 comments:
Weight Watchers is working for me! :) That is too funny. I'm not sure what I would do. I would probably try the bumper and see what she does with it. Good luck!
weight watchers huh? nice Rae Lynn!! Hey you Gage isnt much thinner... so keep talkin!!!!
that is too funny! I love her yummy chubbiness. the best. i have no advice, for once.
Vivi did the same thing twice. The first time, I heard her fussing, and she said "stuck," but I didn't go in because she had been saying that a lot. I figured if she were really stuck she would start to cry. She never made any more noise, so I went to bed. At 3am I heard her cry and say "Mama, I stuck." I went in her room, and sure enough, her thigh was stuck between the bars, Her knee was swollen, and her leg was ice cold. She had been stuck like that all night. I felt so bad! I was afraid there would be permanent damage to her leg. I felt like such a bad mother.
She did it one other time, and then I think she learned. I contemplated solutions, but I could not come up with anything that was not more dangerous than her leg getting stuck. A bumper might help. Vivi has had one all along, but it just gets squshed down. I don't think it's a deterant from legs in the slats. I guess you just have to turn on the baby monitor and listen closley until she stops doing it. Maybe you could put her to bed wearing boots that are too big to fit through the slats. LOL!
Good Luck!
a baby monitor? whats that?
we havent used one for years!!
Okay, your daughter is so stinkin cute and I just love her chubbiness - Brekkyn aspires to be chubby like Madi!! =) I have a video monitor I haven't needed yet, do you want to borrow it, so you can watch and make sure she's not doing it? The only other thing I can think of is slathering her cutesie thighs with lotion - that's how we got my sister's head unstuck from her footboard once... and she was like 13... But that's a whole different story... Ooh, ooh... I could totally help you with doing a weave of soft fabric through the slats... That would work. She may play with it, but that's no worries, tight enough weave she wouldn't be able to get anything through the slats!! =)
Post a Comment