This has been such a busy weekend... Friday we got our tax return so YAY no more debt.. paid off thank heavens I am so relieved!! We also bought a new tv... that being Hains choice obviously since i dont watch much tv and dont really feel like we need another tv.. but I have to give in sometimes right??? (maybe the chances are better that I will someday get a piano? yes I am hoping!!)So we were out all day!
Friday night I went out with the girls to Melting Pot. I had to drag my sister but she was glad she came. It was super yummy and the chocolate was to die for... Seriously they better have that in heaven. Well at least thats what I envision in my heaven...melted chocolate.. mmmm.... I am such a food person!! YUM... Anyway I was able to spend time with friends, my mom, sister and niece. A great night out :)
Thanks to my hubby, no kids followed me. He stayed home and watched them...
Then I got home late... after 10, which is definitely late in my book, I was exhausted! I had text him thanking him for allowing me time for myself as well as all teh time I have been away due to my new calling.. He txt em back saying "I love you and am just returning the favor" Oh I am so thankful!! He has been so supportive, which I know is hard....Especially with 4 kids :) The kids asked me "why do you always leave us now?" Drama! I am not gone that much kiddos!! Oh how I love them!! on with the day..
I went to bed at about midnight because I had primary work to do and a little cleaning, then a shower and before I knew it it was ssooo late!
I then got up at 6:45 am to attend a leadership training this morning from 9-12. And yet again left my husband with all 4 kids. We heard from Sister Margaret Lifferth, 1st counselor in the Primary General Presidency, Sister Sylvia Allred, 1st counselor in the Relief Society General Presidency, and Sister Mary Cook, 2nd counselor of the Young Women's General Presidency. .you know how they say the spirit is like a fire in your bosom?? Well I truly felt it. SO many strong virtuous women in one room. It was really inspirational for sure. I left feeling empowered and encouraged. I felt like I could magnify my calling and that I was in the right place. I felt my testimony grow and knew that we are lead by righteous leaders and a true prophet..I was so thankful to be a part of Primary and had a greater appreciation for my kids..
It was really great.. but by the end I was ready to get home to see my family.
As I got home I saw my neighbors son picking weeds in their yard, which was covered in them. I felt inspired to gather my family together and help him.. So I got home gave out hugs and told them all we were going to do service for them and grab your shovels!! They were happy to oblige. We spent about 45 minuted pulling weeds for a good friend and neighbor..
We then went and fed the ducks at the park.. played for a few minutes then headed for a couple errands. Returning home for some family time,
as one of the kids were getting something out of the dishwasher Little miss Madi stuck her hand in the dishwasher soap and ate it... poison! So I had to clean her hands, give her a drink and call poison control.. as it has bleach in it!
Poor baby... well they said she would be fine and keep an eye on her... They were right she was fine and didnt even puke! On to dinner out and then Golden Spoon... A great day, but a busy weekend, it flew by and I am exhausted!!
But did that stop me from blogging? no... Good Heavens I need to go to bed!!
2 comments:
loved your post. Loved your testimony. I could feel how happy the spirit made you today and than how that made a happy day for your whole family. congrats on your new calling. you will be great!
great weekend! I love that you were able to listen to the women speak. So awesome!
Post a Comment