Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Music...

I love music :) I played the flute and piccolo in marching band for 2 years then in the summer learned to play the baritone. Which I really loved. I played that for 2 years and was the section leader my senior year. I love the lower sounds of it!! It was also an outlet for me. I immersed myself in it and really enjoyed it.
So Craig wanted a bike and a guitar for Christmas....
We opted to a guitar.... not that a bikes not good, because I love the boys to be active, but I really wanted to get him started in a hobby and thought music was a good choice. SO he is learning the guitar.... we are working on getting him lessons so he can really get into it!
Landon just started piano lessons today. He loved it and told his piano teacher that his dad was buying a piano so he could practice....(no we are not buying a piano Hain sacrasticly said "oh great now I have to buy a piano" as his response to me signing Landon up for lessons!)
But we will more than likely get a keyboard to start. He got 2 books from his teacher and cant wait till next week for another practice !!!

1 comment:

Sher said...

you'll have to play me a tune sometime, that's awesome! I so wish I had stuck to learning the piano, I ended up focusing my time on dance. Later after high school I took some classical guitar lessons, which I started getting the hang of, but after the semester ended, I didn't prioritize practicing. Ugh! so far I've been good with my art and poetry talents. But I love music too!