
here was my night last night...
Briefing.... we went in for briefing and pretty much hung out for 20 minutes and did nothing :) The Sargent told of a few things that happened in their area and briefed them of what had happened.. other than that it was a bunch of guys jibber jabbering ....
Got our car... We had a Tahoe which was cool! It was big and all new! Smelled new even.. checked to see if all the lights worked, got gas ect...
We headed out... we drove around for about 20 minutes until a call came out for an accident. SO we headed over to check it out. It was a motorcycle accident and fire was on its way to help the victim. As we were driving we heard on the radio that fire had stopped working on him and they were not transporting him. the road needed to be blocked off.. he had died. SO we drove up I could see the body. It was uncovered... SO many thoughts went through my head first I though.. oh theres a body.. the arms and legs were not right... obviously broken... Then you think wow 30 minutes ago this guy was visiting friends and just being a person.. living his life.. and now.. he's gone.. and just laying there. I didnt go too close but I could see enough where i was.. I was shocked at how the debris was everywhere. A shoe was almost in the dirt by the road and the other shoe was across 2 lanes over a median and across 2 more lanes.....The motorcycle was way ahead of that and the body was feet in front of that. The span was 2/3 of a mile. The motorcycle had ran right into the back of a truck, the man flipping over the truck ect.... I expressed to Hain how I just couldn't believe how spread out everything was and he says "ya now you know why I want the kids to be safely buckled in the right constraints... thats what happens on impact. Its gravity..." Apparently this guy was with a friend who was way ahead of him and his friend noticed he wasnt behind him anymore went back and found him in the road among debris... The driver of the truck he ran into was 17... Just 17...
On with the night... we were at this scene for 2 hours (other officers were there for 8) then we left.... on to in and out .. I was starving we had been standing in the rain for 2 hours i was ready for some greasy yummy food!!! So we ate..mmmmmmmm
2 a.m....... so its about 2 am and I am feeling drowsy... we looked for a dui but then a call came out that an officer was assaulted with a car and the driver drove away... The officer stopped them for drugs and they hit him with the door and almost ran over him... So we were off to look for the suspect...okay honestly I was a little scared since the guy obviously has problems is on drugs and may be armed... They never know what they will come in contact with... Needless to say the man wasnt home and we couldnt find the car.....
Its late..... we headed out to Hains hiding spot he and his partner go to take naps...and I crashed!! Hain worked don a report but I was out! I mean really I go to bed at 8-9 pm and it was 3am.... I had been up all day running around and now I was still awake..
Time to head back.... we headed back to the station to do reports turn the car in and the Hain had a short training class at 5:30 a.m. on new cars they will soon have.. they have cameras on them and scan license plates as the officer drives... right now they have to input any license they want to look up.. thats why they drive behind yo for a few minutes.. until they figure out your good :)
Heading home... as we drove I thought about our night I was able to meet and interact with all of the people he works with.. the people who may save his live in a situation someday, the people he is surrounded by 10 hours of the day 4 days a week....
I have always appreciated all Hain does for us and I have been on 3 other ride alongs. Each time I am reminded of how much stress he encounters daily.. I mean my stress is happy stress.. running kids around getting things done with the kids ect.. His stress includes people who dont care.. about life.. about anyone else, people who are drugged up, drunk, crazy, sad, mad and .. dead.. He has to deal with tragic circumstances.......And all of this on little sleep sometimes 2 hours.....I love this man... I have to say I am pretty lucky to have him..
Let me tell you the hardest thing was to be with him all night... looking sexy in his uniform.. and not be able to hold his hand, hug him, kiss him.... nothing till we headed home of course :)
Appreciate your loved ones... they are so valuable.... and we are never promised another day.....
5 comments:
My dad is Scottsdale PD and I work with Surprise PD so I totally know what you mean. I have so much respect for the work these brave men and women do to keep me safe. So glad there are good guys like Hain out there! =>
Thanks, Teri, for that wonderful reminder of how important our family members are, especially our spouses. Sometimes I get too caught up on the little things and don't appreciate my spouse as much as I should. Thanks again.
Sweet post...it must be hard sometimes, the worry would make me nuts. We thank Hain and those like him out doing their job for our safety!
what a wild night!!!! It's crazy to think about what a dangerous job police officers, firefighters etc. have. I am still mourning your new calling. we will need to hang out anyways!!
Bury here - nice post, I'm glad you get to go out with Hain, it's nice when our loved ones get to see first hand what we deal with daily. Sad thing about the motorcycle rider, I ride a polcei motorcycle for work and it is a little scary sometimes, but I love it. The only thing I don't like is that Jen doesn't love it, especially when I got into my wreck, but luckly I was okay in a few weeks. Anyhow, we need to get together again. See ya, -Bury-
Post a Comment