Friday, November 14, 2008

mr carter

quick update on Carter. he will be going in next week or the following to the surgery center to get tubes in his ears... at almost 5 years old. The doctor tested him and he pretty much failed the test. They said his ear drum is flat due to all of the fluid behind it and thats why he cant hear. So I hope this helps and he will be okay. I think I am more nervous about after the surgery... he has to wear ear plugs every time he swims, takes a bath or shower.... I am afraid I will forget!!!

4 comments:

Kim said...

Just to let you know, my 2 oldest kids each had tubes a couple of times. They would fall out and then their ears would get bad again so back we went for another round. It's a very simple surgery but as a mom it is always scary when your little has to do something like this. The worste part is when their coming out of the anesthesia, you never know how their going to react. Some are just groggy and tired, but sometimes they can be groggy, upset and a little freaked out cause they don't know what's going on. Just take a familiar blanket of stuffed animal or both so they can have something from home to cuddle with. And as for the plugs, we forgot a couple of times, just put em in when we remembered and all was good. Sorry to ramble on but I know that scary feeling and I'm just hoping some of this might help a little. Good luck.

Dawn said...

This ear prob seems to run in the family...Kandi has had them Jo needed them, I went for the med. instead of the tubes for her. Ree had them, I needed them (they just didn't do that when I was a kid). We caught you & Trish before it got too bad. Just be glad you caught it before he needed speak therapy like Jo. He'll be fine but it's hard not to worry.
This is me giving you a hug ()till I see you KK Love ya

Jesika said...

I'm so glad he's going to get better! It's so frustrating for the little ones. It's a whole new world once they can hear again! :o) And, this sounds exactly like what Jordin had. Tubes for hearing loss not ear infections....As Kim said, the procedure is so quick and simple. About the ear plugs....Jordin would remind mE to put them in. The gush of water in his ears freaked him out! He kept me in check! ha Everything is going to be great! You'll be in our prayers! (If you need anything, let me know!)

Adam and Anya said...

When is this going to happen?? Shame shame! You should have told me!!