Thursday, October 2, 2008

what happens??


Q. what happens when you get 4 kids up, hurry to get them fed, read scriptures, get lunches made, and rush out the door to take them to school and pick up 2 more kids for carpool.??
A. you forget your purse.. with your liscense and cell phone
Q. what happens when the city is doing annoying construction and you see a no left hand turn sign but ignore it because there is a left turn green arrow?
A. you turn left, you get pulled over
Q. what happens when you get pulled over right across the street from your kids school?
A. the kids are late, and everyone in the ward waves hello as they drive by.
Q. What happens when the officer notices your insurance card is expired and you dont have your liscense?
A. he gives you a total attitude, like he has any idea what its like having 6 kids in the car, rushing to carpool and going 2 minutes down the street to take kids to school, knowing you arent going anywhere else but home afterward!!!!!ugh!
Q. what happens when you have 6 kids in the car waiting forever for this bored officer to give you a ticket when you were clearly just trying to get the kids to school???
A. he gives you 3 tickets!!! when you have never had a ticket in your life. one for turning left, one for no liscense and o yes one more for my insurance card not being up to date.
Q. what happens when you get a ticket from this "grr *&%#(&*)& " guy?
A. he says "have a great day and drive safe"
ya like I'm going to have a fantastic day when you just gave me 3 tickets and made all my kids late for school! thanks anyway though! can you tell I'm a bit annoyed?? I mean I safely turned left... wasnt speeding, didnt run a red light, no accidents, golly!!

yes Hain I know "thats no excuse Teri!"

its a crappy day!

6 comments:

Julie said...

Teri, I can't believe you didn't say, "Officer, my husband is a City of Phoenix police officer..." It's called professional courtesy. I would have done it in a heart beat. I hope your day gets better. It probably can't get any worse.

Amy said...

Julie, you can't just ask for it. You have to conviently slip in the information. But I would have said something Teri. That is how I got out of it the only time I have ever been pulled over.

Julie said...

Oh geez...I think you guys should have your hubby's business cards stapled to your drivers' license. But, Teri, I guess that wouldn't have helped. I saw the cops parked at that intersection today. Just waiting like little sharks. Nothing against Hain and Jeff at all!! I know they wouldn't stoop to that level. :-)

heather ann said...

oh man...cops are the worst! :)
Didn't you pull the "my husband's a cop" trick...or maybe cried...at least a little cleavage? :) just kiddin'

Anonymous said...

Teri,
I just heard a great line on the "UNIT"
the lady got pulled over and the officers gave her a hard time and was going to write her a ticket. She said you know what happened the last time an officer pulled me over? I married him. The officer told her have a nice day drive safe, no ticket. I thought Im going to try this! I understand your frustration, I got a useless ticket for turning right with two of my tires touching dirt! Those Ploiceman need to focus on the bad guys!!

Amie said...

Aww Teri, that stinks!!! You totally shoulda pulled the hubby-is-a-cop card!