Sunday, September 28, 2008

Legos, scripture power, bread baking and a few little monsters......

We went to the new Lego store saturday early! The boys got lego star wars shirts, legos, and a cool lego poster. They got to build star wars places. They had so much fun!! We are a little obsessed with Legos. The kids spent the rest of the day building things out of Legos!!

We have started getting up a half hour earlier for scripture study. I felt motivated after last weeks lesson at church to give my children the gift of a love of the scriptures. I want them to know what is in them, what we believe and have their own testimony of it. Amazingly it has been going super! Hain is unable to be here, since he gets home after the boys leave for school. Hain said "good luck Teri!" So I set my alarm and woke the kids up. Let me remind you I am not a morning person. I would rather sleep an extra half an hour. but I made the choice. and it has been great! They piled in my bed as we read scriptures all week. They got up excited for it too! which is something I definately wasn't expecting :) We are reading in Mosiah when King Benjamin speaks to his people. So I will send out a challenge to you..... have scripture study daily., You will feel the peace in your home as you read (for some of us that is the only time!!) You will have a better day, you will feel uplifted and you may even enjoy it!! So we are on to week 2 of our early morning scripture study. Hopefully it will go as well as last week.
(no picture of scripture study, we are all too messy haired and sleepy!!!)

I made lots of bread to day. I made dinner rolls, a loaf of bread, bread sticks for dinner with our stuffed shells (one of my favorites to make) and I also made cinnomon rolls. Using that food storage. We are trying to go 2 weeks without using the credit card on groceries or anything. We need to pay it off and stop using it. That is a family goal!! So I prepared some yummy rolls to keep on track!

We got Madi a halloween costume. Landon chose to be the green monster (yes sheri that is the costume you bought for Craig years ago!!) and then we found this pink one and got it for Madi. They will just be monster buddies. so cute!!

No comments: