Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Projects

Yes its back to school in less than a week. The boys are excited of course. I just finished their backpacks. We bought them last year on clearence and they are the same so I put their names on them. Turned out good! We bought uniforms on clearence last year too and a few supplies, so when we went for school shopping this year we spent a fraction of what we did last year for sure!
I am also getting ready for preschool after an 8 month break. I actually finished preschool on a friday and had Madi the following tuesday, so I needed a break. But now we are going full force and ready to go!


Here is a sneak peak of our down stairs bathroom . We went to Home Depot for supplies for a relief society thjing I had to make and found the Oak bead board wains coting super cheap. Well it was clearenced for $19 a pack, but all rang up for $12 a pack! So the whole project including paint and all supplies is less than $250. It was a project we wanted to do but werent planning on doing any time soon until we saw the sale and decided to make life crazier by adding a new project to it!
I love it though it looks just how we wanted. Instead of painting it we (I) stained it black so you can see the wood grain. Hain has been installing it as I get it done staining. I am so lucky to have Hain. I mean he gives me free range to do whatever I want to the house, and some guys are not like that!!

Hard to see, but it looks great in person. not done yet have to do some touch ups and finish the other walls



Now of course I have some quilting projects I'm working on, actually a lot of them. I have this one that I love!! Grandma got me the fabric and I put it together as soon as we got home!~ I have to quilt it so its just folded in a corner for now until I finish quilting one Landon and I made together. It is almost done then we have to add binding. He was so excited to learn to sew. We worked on it for about 20 minutes and he said "I thought it was going to be more fun than this" so he had a break and was at it again!


This is a cute one. Each square represents a month of the year and all of them are hand or foot prints of the kids, Hain or I. June is me and madi's foot prints so cute! Hain is the christmas tree in december, all the kids are turkeys in November. This one need a lot of finishing touches before done, like strings for the kites, decorations on the tree, faces on the pumpkins ect. BUt eventually it will be amazing :) click on picture for close up!!

2 comments:

heather ann said...

okay...want to come do my bathroom?? I love it! I have wanted to do some crafty things to my house but know it will be a project of my own...and I dont really want to lose a finger learning how to use the saw!! Looks so good!

Amie said...

great quilts and your bathroom looks awesome!