Sunday, March 30, 2008

Good Dad




Hmm well as I sit here today I am grateful for my loving husband. He is such a great dad. He met with each of our boys today for a personal interviews. He asked each of them how they were doing spiritually and how school was and how they thought our family was doing ect. It was so awesome each kid came out feeling so special and they were so excited to have that personal time with their dad. SOme of their answers surprised me, but as I have said before you never know until you ask right?? Anyway I was thinking about my husband. well its been almost 9 years and he has changed so much. He amazes me. Now I have to say when we first got married... well to say the least we have been through a lot, financially, emotionally, added 4 kids to the bunch, few different homes, and jobs. But he has always tried his hardest to provide for us all, so that I didnt have to work. When I say I am blessed to stay home with the kids, its because he works so hard for me to that. I know it is for the benifit of the kids and our eternal family. We started out not having food in the cubbords, not being able to pay the bills, When Craig was 2, he only got a magna doodle, slinky and a pillow case I made him for christmas. It was so hard as a parent to not be able to give him all we wanted to you know? Even though they are just material things. The only reason Craig got that was because we got a $25 gift card from Hain's boss. Now they are ridiculously spoiled and Hain wouldnt have it any other way. He has a rough exterior but mushy heart especially when it comes to his little girl!! I love that he loves to play with the kids, they wrestle, play catch and all the sports, and he really enjoys that. He changed my life, brought me to the gospel, and has taught me so much. He is awesome and I wanted to share that with you all. That I am proud of him for all his accomplishments, for being a great dad and husband, for holding the priesthood, for leading by example, all that good stuff!!


4 comments:

Stirling's said...

How sweet!!! You are such a great family! We are so happy you are happy and healthy and so strong in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Love The Stirling's

heather said...

i enjoyed this!

Shawn H. said...

Hain, those PPI's are one of the strongest tools you have for the eternal progress of your sweet family. Those kids will remember the monthly PPI's for the rest of their lives; it will affect the rest of their lives. Keep it up!!

Amie said...

very sweet!