Saturday, December 8, 2007

our sweet Madilyn........

well as of my last blog, when I wrote it I had no idea I would actually go into labor!! Heres the story.
Tuesday morning I was having very painful contractions so I called Hain and he came home early so I could head to the hospital. I figured they would give me a few shots as they had done the 2 times before, so I drove myself to the hospital thinking I would be home in a few hours. Well by 10 am they decided we needed to deliver. I was so worried because she would be exactly 4 weeks early, but called Hain and told him the news as I was in a small state of shock. He actually didnt believe me he was like are you serious?? So we made quick arrangements for the kids (thank you so much to everyone who helped on such short notice!!) and Hain came down. I was able to get a blessing before heading to surgery too, which was a huge comfort, I was so scared. I guess I psych myself out. So the surgery went well and we had a beautiful little girl.



Couldnt stop the tears once I saw her!!!
She was 6 pounds 11 ounces, and looks super tiny with Hain. So is so tiny, our smallest boy was 8 pounds!


She was having a hard time breathing and was given oxygen, and Iv and was hooked up to a bunch of different monitors. Afer the first day she was taken off oxygen, then she received a blessing from Hain and brother Farley. After that, things got better daily, she was taken off the IV, and doing great by the 3rd day I was able to have her in my room with me. It was so hard not having her by me those first 3 days and seeing her hooked up to so many wires. We couldnt even hold her because the more she moved the worse her breathing got. . I had to walk to the 2nd floor to see her which was hard anyway because I had just had surgery. But we made it! She is doing great, eating great, and came home with me today. What a huge blessing, I cant say enough how amazing it is to look at her and know what a miracle she is. She is just so sweet and her brothers love her so much too!


Here she is with her oxygen tubes. look at that hair!!!



Finally all unplugged, she's just beautiful!! Yes maybe a little bias I am, but so cute!!


And here she is today. Now I am just taking it easy, resting and keeping her away from any kids, her lungs are still a little weak, so we gotta be careful. I dont know how many times our boys have washed their hands, like a million!!!!





9 comments:

heather said...

sooooooooo beautiful! Good work mama!

Jesika said...

Look at her!! She's gorgeous! Madilyn has such cute, petite features! I love it! I'm so glad that you both are doing good and things worked out! It's scary having babies so early. Jordin was exactly 4 weeks early and weighed in at 7lb 14oz....Whew! Take it easy and let me know if I can do anything for you or the boys! :o)

hilary said...

aw what a pretty girl! I love her hair! i bet you are lovin her!

hilary said...

oh and i love her name!!!!

AnnMarie said...

I wish I were there to help! She is absolutely beautiful. I know what a heart-breaker it is to see your little one hooked up to an IV, but that's wonderful that it was only 3 days for as early as she was. I guess she just really wanted out to play with those brothers :0) She is one lucky little girl. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Jaime said...

AWWW.... She is precious!! I talked to Hain on Thurs and got all the details. I'm so glad that all is well, Kylie was very worried about you and little Madilyn. I have a blanket on the way for you. Please call if I can do anything!

Kendra said...

Oh, Teri! She is beautiful!!! I can't wait to meet her in person!

Amie said...

oh my gosh she's sooo cute! That hair! We had the exact same experience with Ethan! Hard time breathing, put on all the monitors and breathing tubes and stuff, couldn't hold him till day 2, came home a week later. I'm so glad it's all done and she's home and well! congrats!

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL! There is nothing like the spirit of a new baby. Congratulations! She is PERFECT!!! (also, i love the little terry cloth outfit with poka dots...so cute:)).