Monday, September 3, 2007

folded towels








Well as I sat looking at the huge pile of clothes that needed to be folded I was overwhelmed with exhaustion. I had just finished turbo cleaning the whole house for company and really didnt want to fold. I started dividing into piles and Landon came in. He wanted to help. He decided he wanted to fold the towels. So.. I said ok. As I watched him in amusement (he folded each towel a different way!!), I was reminded of when I was a child. If I didn't fold the towel a certain way I would get in trouble and have to start over. I looked at Landon doing his best and was just so thankful he wanted to serve and help me as I was too tired. He was so proud of himself too!!! Even though the pile was a bit messy, and didn't stack nice and neat, looking at it made me smile and I was just thankful for the help. I told Hain about it and he said ,"Did you refold them?" What?? why would I do that? Are you crazy!! It was humorous, but I didnt, the point was that he helped and was proud of himself. Why would I redo them and basically tell him his service wasn't good enough?? So be thankful for those little hands that help, no matter how the end product turns out :)

3 comments:

Amie said...

He SO learned that lesson in primary yesterday about service!! Yay Landon! Great job on all your testimonies yesterday too. =)

Anonymous said...

Teri, your children have learned everything they know from watching you and Hain. The things they've learned are reinforced at church and other places but you two are the guiding lights in their lives. I'm very, VERY proud of you both! Love you.

AnnMarie said...

That is so awesome! Sometimes, when i actually have energy, I have to hold myself back from re-doing things the boys have done for me. That goes for Andersen too :0) I definately don't want to discourage them from helping me. I admit it--I can use all the help I can get! I love the smile on Landon's face, priceless!