Thursday, May 19, 2011

I need...



I need a vacation...with my husband...alone....

We sat in the car..as he drove.... The expression on his face was just.... a daze!
The kids were loud and Madi was screaming... There was nothing we could do to get a peaceful..quiet drive....
I looked over at his face and felt a bit sad.. like he was thinking "really?"
I am not sure what he was thinking....but I think he was trying to zone out the massive chaos going on in our car at the time....
Every time we would try to start a conversation we would be interrupted by one voice or another... or crying..or a little one yelling "STOP it!" "leave me alone" "mom!..tell him to stop"
After a few trys I think we both decided it was pointless to even try to talk to eachother anymore....

Although maybe someday we may miss this time....with young kids... I do believe there are times you need to get away and re-connect...Now is that time!

But School is almost out...kids will all be home.....finances are short...and it probably just wont happen.... So I'll dream about it..

No comments: