ALl the kids had an end of year party.. The younger boys had a pizza/pool party... since I had Madi I didnt get pictures of that.. because she is CRAZY around water and absolutely fearless..so I have to keep a close eye on her...
Friday was Craigs party and he had all his friends there...We had dinner, a few food challenges, a relay race challenge, and a spinner game with foods from around the world...Then we roasted marshmallows...
First we had the food challenges.. Hain and I had gone shopping for these fun foods.. We found these coconut cookies that looked like grubs..so we told the kids they were candy coated grubs..If they ate it then they got a point.. Some refused to try!! the others were eating it like it really was a grub! I was laughing SO hard!!
We also found these coated peanuts.. They looked like bird eggs so thats what we said they were..HA! like I would really let a kid eat a bird egg... again, some tried it and some didnt!! they were pleasantly surprised when it was just a peanut!
After those, they tried oysters (yum) and twinkies with a pickle inside...
Then it was time for the relay race.. Each group had 2 people in it.. They had to try to find a plastic bug in this bin of jello (not using hands!) then run to the pool of pasta and find a dime (that took a lot longer than we thought!) then head over to the 3 pie plates and find the bubble gum, blow a bubble and the time would stop...The fastest time won the 2 points.
watching in awe..HA!!
The kids totally looked like they were going to puke..but they were trying to get a bubble going!
Had a little bubble blowing contest for an extra point!
Then we had 4 foods, pickled mango, shredded squid, coconut jel, and toasted sesame anchovies.. The kids had to spin the spinner to see what it landed on and if they ate it they got a point...
Here is Crayton trying to eat the anchovy!! totally gagging:) yuk..so funny.. and NO I did not try them:)
At the end everyone got a treat, they were such good sports!!
but the winning group got movie tickets and candy!
4 comments:
Such a good mama!! The party looks awesome and the food looked...yummy? <3
Sean had SUCH a good time, seriously, he was talking about it (loudly) for hours afterwards! Thanks so much for inviting him. :) He gets forgotten a lot because we live on 'this side' of the tracks.
This is such a great idea! I don't know that I would have been brave enough to try ANY of that!
You are a fabulous mom. What fun!
Post a Comment