Saturday, March 26, 2011

Craig......

Today Craig went on a 9 mile hike!! impressive right??? Well he was super excited!! I had to give some of the boys a ride to the mountain (I really wanted to go on the hike, but just couldnt physically do it, after I have been trying to run lately and then end up in tons of pain the next day..ugh! also Hain didnt go because we had 2 baseball games this morning, but he usually goes to Craigs scout activities..) ..anyway..rambling on..
Since I had to drive some of the boys I took my camera to get a few before shots!! Look at this handsome young man!!! He is looking so grown up!



Going over safety and questions... Before we headed to the mountain we met at the church..I so wanted to take a picture as they said the prayer..they all took their hats off and this great group of boys prayed together... It made me feel good...
Craig has an awesome leader!!! Craig just thinks he is so cool..and he is not a kind of leader who just does it because he says he would...he really gets into it, wants the boys to learn and grow, and is just so great!! Such a good spiritual leader for these boys! here they are going over the map so all the boys know how to read it....
Get your compass....That way is north.....
The whole group!! 12 boys...
Off they go!!
Craig had a great time and was gone for 7 hours!! wow!! I am so glad he had the boy scouts program..its such a great tool to help these boys learn so much about responsibility, respect, trust and so much more! And all while having fun! I thought he would come home and just want a nap..
but nope..
he wanted to eat (of course) and now he is headed to an ice skating birthday party.. man, he is one busy kid!!
This is actually the first birthday, party thing we have let him go to..with out us...a little nervous about that one.. but I trust him and I know he will be fine...
He had a good circle of friends...
I cant keep him locked up forever right?? or can I?
He is such a great kid and he is growing up so fast!! few more months and he will be 12!.....wasnt he just 2???

1 comment:

Amie said...

Sean's feet were so sore by the end of the day! I think this was a great experience for them all...glad you took some pictures so I could see!