OH man its been a while since I have consistently blogged.... Its just been a random pic here and there... Well life is busy!
Seriously busy! I have a week and a half to get everything done get 4 kids and myself packed and to head to the snow....
Life is just busy....
Its been crazy I feel like I dont have time to think...
A lot has been going on..
Craig has been busy with school.. and baseball. He does so good with school. I am such a worrier.. always asking him how school is... what he has going on.. does he have homework.. ect..
I shouldnt worry so much.. He has a ll A's..in an excelled class... He is great! It seems so easy for him..he is so smart and just academically great..he just gets it!
Baseball is going well. He has 2 practices a week. They actually have a tournament while we are gone, so he will miss out on that, but after the new year he will have more, so that will be fun. I love watching him play!
Landon is doing good in school too. He is taking a break from piano lessons, but I am eager to get him back into it! I worry he will forget it all! Next year he will hopefully have the opportunity to be in band so that will be great!
Lets see, Carter is great! He has gotten %100 on every spelling test so far this year. Go Carter!! He just loves school, which is great!
Now for Madi.. well she is super.. I am sad to say she has turned 3... My baby..is now 3.. Its so hard actually... because we have no chance of having any more kids... any more babies... and now my baby is a big girl! fully potty trained, talking a million words a minute, and ruling this house! She sings songs all day, and tells it like it is! We just love her so much!
So random... a friend of mine this week said "Its hard to be married"
Yes it is ....
If anyone says its not.. they are probably lying..right???
Is it worth it? ya!, but its definitely constant work...
11 years of marriage... and we are still working.. of course!
Its easier to give up......
Thats probably all I should say about that... too personal... but it really made me think about stuff....here is a part of a talk by Russell M Nelson
My beloved brethren and sisters, thank you for your love of the Lord and His gospel. Wherever you live, your righteous lives provide good examples in these days of decaying morals and disintegrating marriages.
As we Brethren travel about the world, sometimes we see worrisome scenes. On a recent flight, I sat behind a husband and wife. She obviously loved her husband. As she stroked the back of his neck I could see her wedding ring. She would nestle close to him and rest her head upon his shoulder, seeking his companionship.
In contrast, he seemed totally oblivious to her presence. He was focused solely upon an electronic game player. During the entire flight, his attention was riveted upon that device. Not once did he look at her, speak to her, or acknowledge her yearning for affection.
His inattention made me feel like shouting: “Open your eyes, man! Can’t you see? Pay attention! Your wife loves you! She needs you!”
Marriage brings greater possibilities for happiness than does any other human relationship.
My suggestions use three action verbs: to appreciate, to communicate, and to contemplate.
To appreciate—to say “I love you” and “thank you”—is not difficult. But these expressions of love and appreciation do more than acknowledge a kind thought or deed. They are signs of sweet civility. As grateful partners look for the good in each other and sincerely pay compliments to one another, wives and husbands will strive to become the persons described in those compliments.
Suggestion number two—to communicate well with your spouse—is also important. Good communication includes taking time to plan together. Couples need private time to observe, to talk, and really listen to each other. They need to cooperate—helping each other as equal partners. They need to nurture their spiritual as well as physical intimacy. They should strive to elevate and motivate each other. Marital unity is sustained when goals are mutually understood. Good communication is also enhanced by prayer. To pray with specific mention of a spouse’s good deed (or need) nurtures a marriage.
My third suggestion is to contemplate. This word has deep meaning. It comes from Latin roots: con, meaning “with,” and templum, meaning “a space or place to meditate.” It is the root from which the word temple comes. If couples contemplate often—with each other in the temple—sacred covenants will be better remembered and kept. Frequent participation in temple service and regular family scripture study nourish a marriage and strengthen faith within a family. Contemplation allows one to anticipate and to resonate (or be in tune) with each other and with the Lord. Contemplation will nurture both a marriage and God’s kingdom. The Master said, “Seek not the things of this world but seek ye first to build up the kingdom of God, and to establish his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.”17
I invite each marital partner to consider these suggestions and then determine specific goals to nurture your own relationship. Begin with sincere desire. Identify those actions needed to bless your spiritual unity and purpose. Above all, do not be selfish! Generate a spirit of selflessness and generosity. Celebrate and commemorate each day together as a treasured gift from heaven.
It is a great talk... maybe think if you do these things... Do you ignore your husbands affection maybe because you are too busy? do you ask how his day was..and listen? It goes both ways... Be partners..... thats what you signed up for:) Its definately hard.... but keep working at it:) these are things I have to tell myself too....
***okay friends this is an added statement.. Hain and I are fine:) no worries!! Satan is just trying so hard to get to families and break them up... so I thought this talk was good...
its late...I am tired... off to bed for me:) maybe I will post again before we go. well this week I will do Madis birthday pics so I will have to post those!! have a great week!
2 comments:
Thanks for that story. Marriage is hard but life is hard and we have to constantly work on the things we love, like our marriage and kids.
Have fun in the SNOW!
Definitely good reminders. That was a great talk! Yep, marriage definitely is work...but the benefits are so worth it! There's no other relationship on earth as important as the one with our spouse. Thanks for your words this morning!
Post a Comment