Saturday, November 6, 2010

Do you ever.....




Do you ever look at others doing awesome things with their life..
Getting published..
writing books...
writing songs...
playing piano amazingly....
All grown up and still playing competitive sports..
homeschooling 4 kids...
Taking the fam to Hawaii....
Lookin amazing...
business taking off....

And think:

Wow....(slight eye roll and pout) ...Im not doing anything amazing with my life...??....


Do you?? have you??


Sometimes that thought tries to get into my head...but I dont let it.....

I compare..yes I do..and I yearn to be that super amazing looking mom who is super multi talented that everyone notices....... sometimes....but its in slight thoughts...I have hobbies I enjoy just like everyone else...but..

I am lucky to have a complete understanding of my goal and priorities in life......

And there are many who think being a mom isnt enough.....believe me I know..I see it on TV all the time...
But for me..........
it is....... my life....

I enjoy it even.....

Now no this isnt gonna be a long paragraph about how I NEVER get stressed out with my kids..or how I NEVER think I am lame...or how I NEVER yell at my kids because they are so super amazing...or how I am super confident in myself ...Nope..and if you keep up on my blog you know those are things I would NEVER say!!ha!

But this I do know..and will say..

Being a mom..and being there for your kids is the most important job a woman could ever have...nothing is more important than family....

And I can honestly say I love being a mom..I love that job..I love my kids more than anything....
and that is an honest statement....I just do....

My kids have given me the most joy I could ever feel.... and I have plenty of years on momness to go!!! like I dont know 80 years ???haha
and they make me so happy, and proud and they make me smile with their silly sayings..and humorous answers and comments....

I have amazing kids...

They give the best hugs and have the best smiles...

I love making them feel better when they are sick..cuddling them when they are hurt or sad..I love being the one they come to with their joys,pains and concerns....

I am a mom of 4 kids...raising them to be loving, kind, honest, faithful, ...to be their best.....to fulfill their dreams and to be an eternal family...

THATS what I am doing with my life....

and I think its pretty amazing...

4 comments:

Amie said...

We all think that about each other!! I admire your photography skills! And the way you dress your family! And your quilting skills! And your preschool patience and talents! And I LOVE your Sharing Times at church. :)

PS would love for you and christy to come by some time!

Courtney said...

What a great post. Being a mom is amazing and you are great at it!!!!

Kami said...

I agree, that is amazing! You are a great mom and you are one of those mom's I wish I was more like!

Teri said...

You ladies are great!! thanks! Its funny we all admire each others talents:)