
What would your paradise be?
Mine would be living in the country.. an old farmhouse that we have re-done.... Grassy fields, lots of trees and shade...An old tire swing.....Chicken coop and barn in the back... Yep thats what I dream of... Living the old country life:) Someday we will... but not for a while.. This is something I have had a hard time with.. I miss family and my heart wants so badly to move closer and live in a totally different climate. I know in my heart that the kids have it so good here though... They have friends, sports, many kids their age at church... We have a beautiful home and a secure job... Totally blessed!! So I have realized I need to wait for my farm house:) which is fine...I am tremendously blessed ....
I think sometimes I just get lonely... I know if I loved there I could just drive over and see my grandma or aunt... we could spend a saturday canning jam, or sewing projects... We could spend the holidays hanging out in the living room at my grandmas.. giggling at family humor and watching the kids be silly...When I need to go to Costco with 4 kids..I can call my aunt and take her with......Spend summer days playing crochet and riding horses... spend a day at the lake..go down to the creek and spend the day playing in the water then have a picnik... Wait I am dreaming again!!..HA well what can I say I miss it!!!
And here I feel like I dont have friends that just call me to visit.. or have lunch.. or hang out.. I mean I have friends.. and people who always come to my aid when I am in need.....But someone who I can just hang out with.. visit... you know??..Everyone is too busy... or something....It bums me out a bit...... Then I get into a sad rut of being lonely and dreaming of moving....
Then I need to remember all of my blessings.. because truly we have many blessings... friends, church, a nice home, a great calling, great job, secure job, working cars.. I mean.... no complaints!!!
It will always be my dream.. ... To move back where I grew up... but for now we are here.. and I'm okay with that..
And hey.. my ids all promise they want to live there when they grow up so if we do move in 10+ years..I will drag them with me!!! For sure!
2 comments:
We should hang out more... :)
I like the idea of this challenge!
We have similar feelings. Only mine are to live in Utah. I also feel like I don't have a freind that calls just to hang out with like you were saying. (I do only she is on the other side of Arizona so we don't see each other often!)I know life is busy and it's hard to find time when others aren't as busy too. We should get together sometime...hang out...go to lunch. Maybe we wouldn't be dreaming of moving all the time?!
Post a Comment