Tuesday, November 3, 2009

surgery.....

of course I have to post about it right???


Well I went into surgery wed night.... I had a planned hysterectomy with tummy tuck
(dont judge! and for anyone who says "Teri you dont need a tummy tuck" I say "maybe I do".... a tummy tuck rids of excess stretched out skin... and yes I have gained 45-52 pounds 4 times... inflate, deflate, inflate deflate ect!!! so anyway :)
Since the doctor had to make a large incision in my abdomen I thought hey lets get this done as well! SO going into surgery I pepped myself up "hey you're gonna come out of this feeling better, fixing the problem and having a flat tummy!"
SO the doctor marked me up with a sharpie.... I looked like a jack o lantern... and off to surgery I went

I went into surgery remembering getting a shot in my IV.... and out I was!!! I then remember waking up to Hain saying.. "The doctor said he couldnt do the tummy tuck"
My initial thought was "ya thats not a very funny joke Hain!!!" Then apparently I asked him over and over again about it!!!
So a hysterectomy is a procedure that should take 45 minutes, I was in surgery for 2 hours! The doctor said he had many complications.... My uterus was in fact attached to my abdomen wall AND my bladder.... My bladder was so high up as well that he had to fix that... He said it was very tedious and I had a lot of bleeding.. there was just no way he could safely do a tummy tuck.... SO no tummy tuck for me... I was a little devastated though.. honestly........ But I am so glad I came out of surgery fine! It has almost been a week and although I am very sore and swollen. I feel pretty good. I am taking it easy for a while just to make sure I heal nicely... I have a lot of internal stitches and I really want no complications!!
Surgery does a number on your body..... its not something I really want to do again! After 4 c sections, a diagnostic lapriscopy and a hysterectomy..... I am so over it!!!!
Everything in your body has to readjust..... its just not fun!
I cant wait to exercise and get on with all my normal things I love to do.. that I have not been able to do for months and months now! I understand that those things are a while away, but now that the problem is fixed I am excited to get on with my life!!

When you go through your life with 4 kids, a family, and so many things going on.... life just goes by so fast.. but when something shakes that ever busy life you really realize the great friends and family you have! I have received so many calls and prayers and meals and ....brownies!!!!!! I feel so blessed! I even had a hospital visit that I really needed!!!! I received flowers and my grandma has been here for a week helping with our crazy family!! She has done so much!! I appreciate all of you!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are up and about a little. You are beutiful just the way you are and now you still match everyone elses tummies! haha

Kami said...

I am so glad you came out okay, especially with all the comlications! I hope you have a fast and good recovery! Take care and let me know if you need anything.

Adam and Anya said...

So glad you're ok Teri! What a crazy ordeal! I hope you heal fast and call if you need anything!

Amie said...

Wow, so sorry about the complications! We're glad you made it out! Let me know if I can help with ANYTHING!