Monday, November 3, 2008

kids....

Craig: we're lucky we get panda express for dinner
mom: ya you are some kids dont even get dinner.
Craig: ya like the african americans.

sorry my child is so uneducated!

Today in preschool we made flowers out of crayons, we melted them in a silicone flower mold. They cooled and we got flower crayons. So after I taught about plants and how we get them, we did this activity. Following the activity I asked "so how do we get plants?"
Child: from crayons!

Carter: Are we done washing the car?
Mom: yep go turn the water off
Carter: (after realizing the gate was closed) oh crap!
Mom: Carter your not supposed to say that word! Do you need soap in that mouth?
Carter: I was going to say dang it, but I forgot!

Hain just did interviews with the kids on sunday
Hain: who is the prophet?
Carter: Gordon B Hinkley?
Hain: no guess again
Carter: President HInkley?
Hain: no its president monson.
Hain: whos birthday is on christmas?
Carter: um. gordon B hinkley?
Hain: no!
Carter: oh ya!!! Thomas S monson!
Hain: no

We are bad parents, last year we finally convinced Carter that it wasnt Santas birthday on christmas it was our Saviors birthday... here we go again!!!

My kids make me laugh......... other parents may be appauled, but I find humor!!!

2 comments:

Stirling's said...

Those are funny conversations! I am glad other mom's struggle like I do trying to teach your kids!

April said...

Teri-
I find humor in that as well. I remember a conversation I had with Baylie one time about the Holy Ghost. A couple of months later it was Halloween and she said she wanted to be the Holy Ghost for Halloween. I will never forget.
From the mouth of babes!