well sunday was an ah ha moment for me.
First off, I fasted, which is a struggle for me. I dont know if its because I love food so much or what but I have always had a hard time fasting. I just think "I'm hungry!!!, a brownie sounds good,...."
The past 2 months I have fasted on fast sunday and both times had an amazing spiritual experience. Testimony builder? yes! So sunday I fasted for personal strength, dicipline and growth. So what do you think the talks were about on sunday? exactly what I needed to hear. I felt so enriched and strengthened, like a recharge!! and who doesn't need a recharge in this world? I have set new goals and been so thankful for all I have since. I know the Lord knows each of us indivually. He knows our needs. He knew what I needed on sunday, and I asked in prayer, listened and received it.
I feel truly blessed to have the family I do, to have super amazing kids, a great husband who works hard, has a faithful heart, and is just great, I am thankful for church, the atonement, prayer, family and friends, I am thankful for a beautiful home full of things that make us comfortable, yummy food, and all that stuff, I am thankful for so much. I have realized that walking around grumpy or being annoyed at things means we are not thinking of those wonderful things we should be grateful for. If we are thinking of all the great things (blessings, people, family.....) we have why would we have any reason to be grumpy????
think about it
No comments:
Post a Comment